ويلنجتون – صوت نيوزيلندا /
- Help create a safe and sustainable transport system
- Set the direction for ambitious vehicle safety programmes
- Opportunity to influence thinking and make your mark
At the NZ Transport Agency, it all starts with our people. The organisation’s performance and success depends on the people who choose to make this a great place to work and make a difference for New Zealand. The Transport Agency has a strong future focus, understanding that new technologies and changing customer expectations mean the transport system we know today will not be the one we deliver in the future.
The Safety and Environment (S&E) Group exists to radically improve the safety and environmental performance of the New Zealand land transport system. The Strategic Interventions team leads the development of system solutions and interventions to improve outcomes.
As Principal Advisor Vehicle Strategy, you will provide robust strategic advice and analysis, project leadership and proactive support to the S&E Group Leadership Team. You will focus on ambitious vehicle strategies to ensure New Zealand has a clear pathway to create a safe transport system free of environmental and public health harms.
This is a brand new role which will give you the opportunity to shape the direction of new approaches to improving the safety and sustainability of the heavy and light fleet in New Zealand. A key part of this will be to steward the established electric vehicles programme, providing strategic thought leadership and analytical skills to support further development and implementation.
We are looking for a passionate self-starter who has an agile and strategic mind. This role involves high levels of stakeholder collaboration, so you will enjoy using your exceptional communication skills to articulate your ideas and take others along the journey.
We can offer you variety, a collaborative and collegial environment where people matter and the opportunity to join a close knit, passionate and high performing team.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Extensive experience providing strategic advice in highly ambiguous and complex environments
- Proven experience of applying strategy and delivering results
- High degree of political savvy, able to manoeuver through complex situations
- Articulate and persuasive writing and presentation skills
- Proven communication skills and the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders effectively
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline is essential and An understanding of the transport or electricity sectors and strategic interventions to reduce harm would be advantageous
Applications close : Sunday 2 September 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Principal Advisor Vehicles Position Description July 2018.pdf (PDF, 987KB)
Follow us on