ويلنجتون – صوت نيوزيلندا واستراليا /
NZ Transport Agency
Science and Environment
Consenting Lead PD_.pdf (PDF, 1.07MB)
- Lead the consenting process for the Auckland Light Rail Programme
- Develop strategic planning for the work programme
- Ensure an integrated, safe programme of work
The NZ Transport Agency is leading the delivery of the light Rail programme with immediate focus on the Auckland region. The Auckland Light Rail initiative is working in partnership with Auckland Council, Auckland Transport, and Homes. Land. Community (HLC). This is a key government initiative to provide more transport choices to support the work to create more accessible communities to live in.
This programme is a first for New Zealand that will provide a modern integrated public transport system with seamless connections and helping make Auckland’s transport network comparable with international cities like Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Vancouver and Portland.
Bring your extensive knowledge and experience in RMA planning and consenting activities and provide leadership and technical expertise across the Auckland Light Rail programme. In this role you will manage regulatory planning risks and issues and work with the Transport Agencyls consents and approvals group, ensuring the programme’s planning aligns with the Agency objects as well as customer’s needs.
This is a collaborative role, as you will be working with stakeholders and customers and influencing the shape of initiatives in the Programme while mentoring your team to achieve the desired outcomes.
What you will bring
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- At least 10 years’ planning experience in a projects related role
- Extensive experience leading the planning and consenting aspects of the investigation, design and implementation of complex projects of A comprehensive understanding of New Zealand land transport and resource management legislation
- Experience in other relevant statutes including Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga (HNZPT) Act, Wildlife Act and Conservation Act
- Proven experience working with internal and external stakeholders and managing relationships, including undertaking community consultation and engagement
- Demonstrated ability to work with strategic partners, while not losing sight of the overarching principles of the Agency •
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to tailor communication styles appropriately to different audiences and situations.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to use rigorous logic and methods
- Tertiary qualifications at preferably post graduate level in a planning related discipline
- Current and valid New Zealand driver’s licence.
- Full Membership of the NZPI, RMLA (or equivalent).
- Project management qualifications are highly desirable.
- IAP2 qualifications are desirable
This is a great opportunity to be part of a groundbreaking initiative which is a first for New Zealand. Apply now if you are interested in being part of the Auckland Light Rail Programme.
Applications close 4 November 2018
For a copy of the position description and to apply: www.nzta.govt.nz/careers
For further information, email: email@example.com
To be considered for this position you must have a legal right to live and work in New Zealand.