فرص العمل في نيوزيلندا واستراليا اليوم الأحد 2018/ 25/11
ويلنجتون – صوت نيوزيلندا واستراليا /
Senior Adviser/Adviser Biosecurity Science & Risk Assessment
Ministry for Primary Industries
Science and Environment
No File Attached
Imagine waking each morning with the satisfaction of playing a pivotal role in growing our economy and protecting our unique biological diversity and the way of life Kiwi’s treasure.
We are seeking to recruit an adviser/senior adviser in the Plants and Pathways team within the Biosecurity Science & Risk Assessment Group based in Wellington. The main role of the team is to provide science advice and risk assessments for pest and diseases affecting plants, including forestry, horticultural and native species. The team also has a major role identifying new and emerging biosecurity risks, and communicating information about these risks to the teams undertaking risk management. The focus of the Plants and Pathways team is turning scientific information into high quality, practical advice to support biosecurity decision-making.
Principal responsibilities for the senior/adviser role include:
- conducting risk assessment, including project scoping, planning and reporting, hazard identification, risk assessment (and may include assessing the efficacy of risk mitigation options against the assessed risk)
- contributing to the integration of risk assessment outcomes into import health standards developed by the Regulation and Assurance branch, and other organisational outputs across the biosecurity continuum (including policy, surveillance, readiness and response, pest management and supporting the Government-Industry Agreement work programme)
- Receiving alerts to the emerging risks system, ensuring decision records are initiated, disseminating issues to the relevant team manager and tracking progress of alerts through the system
- providing timely and high-quality science-based advice about biosecurity risks to different groups across the biosecurity system (both in MPI and externally)
- Improving methodologies used across the emerging risks system and the risk assessment process
- Supporting positive working relationships with other business/MPI staff, key stakeholders and other government agencies, contributors and users of the emerging risks system
- contributing to peer review of risk assessments and other MPI documents
- the maintenance and development of information resources/databases for the group, accessible to other users within and across branches
- Contributing to the development of other team members through coaching, mentoring and/ or peer review
We are seeking applications from suitably experienced people that are looking for new challenges.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options. In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be available to interview within New Zealand or via Skype.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, you may contact Nick Goddard for a confidential discussion on 04 894 0908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you’ll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you’re growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.